- 29 Sep: YEAR R OPEN MORNING [9.30 - 10.30 am] For parents looking to apply for a place in September 2017.
- 29 Sep: New Year R parent workshop - Every Child a Talker [1.30 - 2.45 pm]
- 29 Sep: Red Class parents invited in to class [2pm]
- 3 Oct: Orange Class Swimming
- 5 Oct: YEAR 6 - Residential Trip
- View full diary
- View calendar
How to apply for a school place or change an existing school place at Redbridge Primary School
If you pay your council tax to Southampton City Council then you must apply for schools, wherever they are, through Southampton City Council's Admissions team. Please note, you will need to register with the Citizen Portal on Southampton City Council's website (this is a separate login to any other account you may have with SCC): http://www.southampton.gov.uk/schools-learning/find-school/apply-school/default.aspx
You can also contact the Admission Team by
telephone: 023 80833004
post: Admissions Team, Southampton City Council, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY
You cannot visit the Admissions team in person.
Basic guidance and help for applying for a school place
- Applying online is the preferred method. You can also apply using a paper form, but not both;
- You cannot apply online for a school place to start before September 2017 or after the closing date;
- If you have not applied for a school place before, or if you have done so before September 2015, you will need to register with the Citizen Portal;
- The Citizen Portal account is separate to any other account you may hold with us;
- The online system lets you amend your application up until the closing date. It also lets you check the progress of your application after the closing date;
- Online and paper applications are treated equally.
The parents' guide to the Citizen Portal will take you through the application process.
Further help is available on the following topics:
- Your Citizen Portal account - Setting up an account and common login problems;
- Making an application - Choosing preferences and common problems when completing the online application;
- Submitting your application - Additional information we may need to process your application;
- Changing or withdrawing your application - How to update your application;
If you still need help with your application after reading our advice, please call 023 8083 3004 to speak to the Admissions team. Lines will be busy.
Redbridge Primary School ADMISSIONS POLICY
The full Admissions Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools can be found on Southampton City Council's website at:
Finding your Catchment Area School
If you live within the Southampton City boundary, you can find your catchment area, or the nearest schools to your home, by entering your postcode on SCC website which can be found at: